Children's Ministries Campaign
“But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14.
“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little
child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.” Matt 18:3-5
ELLEN WHITE’S COUNSEL:
“It is still true that children are the most susceptible to the teachings of the gospel; their hearts are open to divine influences, and strong to retain the lessons received. The little children may be Christians, having an experience in accordance with their years. They need to be educated in spiritual things, and parents should give them every advantage, that they may form characters after the similitude of the character of Christ.”—Desire of Ages, p. 515.
“Children of eight, ten or twelve years, are old enough to be addressed on the subject of personal religion Do not teach your children with reference to some future period when they shall be old enough to repent and believe the truth. If properly instructed, very young children may have correct views of their state as sinners, and of the way of “Those who love God should feel deeply interested in the children and youth. To them God can reveal His truth and salvation. Jesus calls the little ones that believe on Him, the lambs of His flock. He has a special love for and interest in the children. . . . The most precious offering that the children can give to Jesus, is the freshness of their childhood.”—Reflecting Christ, p. 373.
WORLD POPULATION 5/14 YEARS OLD (Luis Bush, Raising Up a New Generation from the 4-14 Window to Transform the World, 2010).
TOP 10 COUNTRIES
Total (Top 10) 709,595,962
Total (Other Countries) 508,921,404
GLOBAL TOTAL 1,218,517,366
WORLD POPULATION UNDER 15
- 40-50% of kids below 15 are in Africa and Middle East
- 30-40% of kids below 15 years old are in India, Indonesia, Mexico and west of South America
TRENDS OF WORLD POPULATION UNDER 15
- Millions live in the 10/40 Window.
- Millions live in huge cities.
- Millions have not heard the name of Jesus or have friends who are Christians.
TRENDS OF YOUTH LEAVING THE CHURCH (Kinnaman, You Lost Me; Why Young Christians Are Leaving Church and Rethinking Faith).
- Barna’s study shows 60% of American youth, ages 15-29, left the church after high school (Kinnaman, You Lost Me; Why Young Christians Are Leaving Church and Rethinking Faith).
- LifeWay Research data shows that about 70% of young adults dropped out of church. Of these, 10% are in the 16-17 age group, 14% in the 17-18 age group, and 13% in the 18-19 age group (Christianity Today, May 2014).
- The exodus of youth may be an indicator that they were not fully grounded in their faith as children.
TARGET CHILDREN’S GROUPS:
- Children in the cities
- Special needs: visual impaired; hearing impaired; physically, emotional and mentally handicapped, etc.
- Adventist children
- Refugee children
- Children of incarcerated parents
- Street children
STRATEGIC INITIATIVE: REACH A CHILD, REACH THE WORLD
- Revival & Reformation
- Believe in His Prophets
- United in Prayer
- Comprehensive Health Ministry
- Mission to the Cities
- Special Needs Ministry
- Total Member Involvement